Critics of Jehovah`s Witnesses/Jehovah

the one who knows all wrote at 2013-10-21 03:58:15
The name Jehovah is as fabricated as the name Jesus. In Hebrew the Name Jehovah is YHWH in Hebrew the name Jesus is  עושׁוהי  YHWSHA = Joshua.  Joshua is a made up English name that represents the Hebrew word.  While in Greek Jesus (aka Joshua) is Iesous. If you accept the English name Joshua and the English name Jesus (which are the same names in Hebrew and Greek) then there is no reason not to accept that Jehovah is the English rendering of YHWH.  There seems to be a double standard here as to what you will accept. The God of the Hebrews was YHWH (Jehovah) and he wanted that name made known.  

Jeff wrote at 2013-11-28 09:17:08
The problem with watchtower theology is that this outfit will say things like "churches have taken out the name of God and the watchtower has restored it" which is 100% false.  The fact is that we do not know for sure what the name of God was from the 4 letters in Hebrew.  Another problem I have is the watchtowers habit of misrepresenting scholars in order to support the using of Jehovah.  The facts are very clear on this subject and are very well laid out in the following article:

Critics of Jehovah`s Witnesses

Jeff H

One of the most harmful beliefs of the Watchtower is their false view of Jesus. Biblically, Jesus Christ is God and has always been equal with the Father. (John 1) Jesus Christ voluntarily limited himself when he came to earth in the form of a man to die for our sins. His bodily resurrection was proof that He concurred sin once and for all. Don't be deceived by the Watchtower that believes that Jesus was a created angel who do not have a bodily resurrection. With that being said, I am familiar with Watchtower doctrine and I am happy to look at how this doctrine lines up with the Bible. I am not into taking out one verse here and there but I believe that all Scripture must be interpreted in context. Some may say for example that the trinity is pagan in origin and that it was made up in the 4th century. (There is simply no evidence for this.) The Bible clearly reveals that God the Father, Jesus Christ the Son, and the Holy Spirit are 100% God. Phil 1:2, John 1:1, 14, Col 2:9, Acts 5:3-4. If the watchtower is "God's visible organization", then why does the organization lie so much? Want documented proof of their deception, visit: I would be happly to answer any questions or to agree with you in prayer.

I am a Bible believing Christian and have been for 36 years. I have relatives who are Jehovah's witnesses so I know about the stress on families that this can cause.

I am actively involved in my church where I lead a Bible study and am involved in the sound tech crew.

Sorry for using "I" so much. My undergraduate degree is in Theology and I have a Masters in Educational leadership.