Critics of Jehovah`s Witnesses/Jehovah

my question is "Did the Watchtower restore God's divine name?"
The Watchtower leaders knew, as early as the 1940's by the new information generated from the Dead Sea Scrolls, that Jehovah was never God's divine name in any language.
It is not found is any Hebrew or Greek Manuscript. It was first used in the 13th century as a substitute for the divine Name That Will Endure Forever, p.17)
Yet they fabricated the NEW World Translation bible, why !!!!

Thanks for your question.

It looks like you have done some good research on this topic that is correct so let me get directly to your question.  

1.  Did the Watchtower restore God's divine name?  
Answer: No they did not.  No where in any manuscript does the name Jehovah appear.  Jehovah is a man-made word that was invented in the 13th century by combining the words Adonai and Elohim.
For more detail on this visit:

2.  Yet they fabricated the New World Translation bible, why?
Answer:  The watchtower tries to teach that they are the only channel to God. This is why they wrote their own bible by translators who had not formal training in Greek or Hebrew, in order to make the Bible fit their doctrine.  Then they will try to misquote and deceive by listing scholars that support the NWT.  The following site shows a list of scholars quoted and shows the deception of the watchtower when it comes to the NWT: Colwell

The watchtower is a deceptive organization that is not controlled by God.  Satan uses organizations like this to sprinkle a few scriptures in with a very deceptive doctrine.  The sad thing is that there are many kind and sincere people out there advertising for the watchtower and think that they are doing the right thing.  

I hope this answers your question.  Feel free to follow up.  I pray that God will richly bless you as you continue to seek his truth.

Critics of Jehovah`s Witnesses

Jeff H

One of the most harmful beliefs of the Watchtower is their false view of Jesus. Biblically, Jesus Christ is God and has always been equal with the Father. (John 1) Jesus Christ voluntarily limited himself when he came to earth in the form of a man to die for our sins. His bodily resurrection was proof that He concurred sin once and for all. Don't be deceived by the Watchtower that believes that Jesus was a created angel who do not have a bodily resurrection. With that being said, I am familiar with Watchtower doctrine and I am happy to look at how this doctrine lines up with the Bible. I am not into taking out one verse here and there but I believe that all Scripture must be interpreted in context. Some may say for example that the trinity is pagan in origin and that it was made up in the 4th century. (There is simply no evidence for this.) The Bible clearly reveals that God the Father, Jesus Christ the Son, and the Holy Spirit are 100% God. Phil 1:2, John 1:1, 14, Col 2:9, Acts 5:3-4. If the watchtower is "God's visible organization", then why does the organization lie so much? Want documented proof of their deception, visit: I would be happly to answer any questions or to agree with you in prayer.

I am a Bible believing Christian and have been for 36 years. I have relatives who are Jehovah's witnesses so I know about the stress on families that this can cause.

I am actively involved in my church where I lead a Bible study and am involved in the sound tech crew.

Sorry for using "I" so much. My undergraduate degree is in Theology and I have a Masters in Educational leadership.