Critics of Jehovah`s Witnesses/Transfunsion of blood

I’ve no idea why Jehova witnesses don’t allow transfusions of blood

Thank you for your question about blood transfusions. Jehovah's witnesses reason for this is found in looking at 3 scriptures.  They believe that these scriptures teach that it is wrong to transfuse blood.  Here are the scriptures:

Genesis 9:4  But you must not eat meat that has its lifeblood still in it.   
This is clearly a dietary requirement that God was giving to Noah.  Dietary requirements and blood transfusions are two completely different things so this verse does not apply.

Leviticus 17:14  because the life of every creature is its blood. That is why I have said to the Israelites, “You must not eat the blood of any creature, because the life of every creature is its blood; anyone who eats it must be cut off.”  Notice that this verse is clearly talking about the nation of Israel only.  Again this is a dietary law not a blood transfusion.  So was this a big deal to the Israelites?  Apparently not because the penalty for violating this law was to wash your clothes and take a bath and the next day you would be fine.

Acts 15:20  Instead we should write to them, telling them to abstain from food polluted by idols, from sexual immorality, from the meat of strangled animals and from blood.  This passage speaks of for specific instructions.  If you look at the context this was a specific group sent out to preach to a specific group of gentiles that were having issues with the law of Moses and grace.  Two things here.  First this again is referring to a dietary law for a specific group.  Secondly, this can not be applied to all people because notice the first instruction was to not eat food polluted or given to idols.  Now in I Corinthians 8 Paul says that it is OK to eat this meat so either the Paul is contradicting the instruction in Acts or this is referring to a specific group only.

If you would like a more in depth study of this, visit:

So the bottom line is there is nothing in the Bible that states that blood transfusions are wrong. Jehovah's witnesses have tried to make the scripture fit their doctrine.  This has caused the needless death of many people.

The following web site is a real testimony by Paul Blizard sharing how Jehovah's witnesses deal with this in real world situations.

In addition Jehovah's witnesses have come up with all kinds of bad information to support their view and it has been refuted.  If you want to find out real information on blood transfusions I would recommend.

I hope this helps.  please feel free to follow up if you need to.  

Critics of Jehovah`s Witnesses

Jeff H

One of the most harmful beliefs of the Watchtower is their false view of Jesus. Biblically, Jesus Christ is God and has always been equal with the Father. (John 1) Jesus Christ voluntarily limited himself when he came to earth in the form of a man to die for our sins. His bodily resurrection was proof that He concurred sin once and for all. Don't be deceived by the Watchtower that believes that Jesus was a created angel who do not have a bodily resurrection. With that being said, I am familiar with Watchtower doctrine and I am happy to look at how this doctrine lines up with the Bible. I am not into taking out one verse here and there but I believe that all Scripture must be interpreted in context. Some may say for example that the trinity is pagan in origin and that it was made up in the 4th century. (There is simply no evidence for this.) The Bible clearly reveals that God the Father, Jesus Christ the Son, and the Holy Spirit are 100% God. Phil 1:2, John 1:1, 14, Col 2:9, Acts 5:3-4. If the watchtower is "God's visible organization", then why does the organization lie so much? Want documented proof of their deception, visit: I would be happly to answer any questions or to agree with you in prayer.

I am a Bible believing Christian and have been for 36 years. I have relatives who are Jehovah's witnesses so I know about the stress on families that this can cause.

I am actively involved in my church where I lead a Bible study and am involved in the sound tech crew.

Sorry for using "I" so much. My undergraduate degree is in Theology and I have a Masters in Educational leadership.