Critics of Jehovah`s Witnesses/transfusion of blood

If your doctor told you not to consume alcoholic beverages, would it then be OK to transfuse it into your veins?

Hi Bill,

In thinking about your question, there are several directions I could go.  I could look at this from a physiological standpoint, a theological standpoint, or go with a strait logic viewpoint.  I think for today, I will try to address your question from a logic viewpoint.

Your question is similar to what was stated in the watchtower publication, What does the Bible really teach, 2005, pg. 130.  Let me also state that I am not a doctor so my medical knowledge is limited.  

With that being said let's dive right in.  The short answer is yes.  Let me explain.  there are certain medical conditions where alcohol is injected into the bloodstream.  Does at Doctor do this with and alcoholic?  The answer is yes because alcohol injected into the bloodstream will have no affect on his alcoholism.  This leads me to the fact that consuming (or eating) blood is completely different from transfusing blood.  When you eat or consume something it is digested and passes through your body.  When blood is injected into the bloodstream, it becomes part of the body.  In fact the Awake publication (Aug 22) stated that blood is in fact an organ in the body.  Let me put this another way if we looked at your question and substituted an organ instead of alcohol.  Maybe we could use the heart as an example.  Consuming or eating a human heart would be cannibalism. On the other hand and heart transplant would be a life-saving organ transplant.

In further clarification of my answer I have enclosed the following websites.  The first looks deeper into the difference between eating and transfusing blood.  The second further examines whether abstaining from blood includes blood transfusions.

I hope this answers you question.  If you would like more information on what the Bible says about this issue, you can look at an earlier post where I examined three popular scriptures addressing this issue.  Please follow up if you need further clarification.

I pray that you will experience the full love and power of Jesus Christ this year.  God has great things in store for you Bill.  Jeremiah 29:11-14

God Bless,

Critics of Jehovah`s Witnesses

Jeff H

One of the most harmful beliefs of the Watchtower is their false view of Jesus. Biblically, Jesus Christ is God and has always been equal with the Father. (John 1) Jesus Christ voluntarily limited himself when he came to earth in the form of a man to die for our sins. His bodily resurrection was proof that He concurred sin once and for all. Don't be deceived by the Watchtower that believes that Jesus was a created angel who do not have a bodily resurrection. With that being said, I am familiar with Watchtower doctrine and I am happy to look at how this doctrine lines up with the Bible. I am not into taking out one verse here and there but I believe that all Scripture must be interpreted in context. Some may say for example that the trinity is pagan in origin and that it was made up in the 4th century. (There is simply no evidence for this.) The Bible clearly reveals that God the Father, Jesus Christ the Son, and the Holy Spirit are 100% God. Phil 1:2, John 1:1, 14, Col 2:9, Acts 5:3-4. If the watchtower is "God's visible organization", then why does the organization lie so much? Want documented proof of their deception, visit: I would be happly to answer any questions or to agree with you in prayer.

I am a Bible believing Christian and have been for 36 years. I have relatives who are Jehovah's witnesses so I know about the stress on families that this can cause.

I am actively involved in my church where I lead a Bible study and am involved in the sound tech crew.

Sorry for using "I" so much. My undergraduate degree is in Theology and I have a Masters in Educational leadership.