Critics of Protestantism/sin conciousness

Question
Good Day,

As a past expert in the Construction Law category i was browsing through this category and your previous answers interested me very much. I am interested in your view of sin consciousness against righteous consciousness ( a doctrine that has been circulating recently by some pastors of mega churches). I understand that Christ died for our past, present and future sins and if we are under grace we should not be subject to the curse of the law. However some pastors are going as far to say that as born again believers we do not need to be confessing our sins all the time, that Christ already paid the price. I find it difficult to accept this. Can you please shed some light on this for me. I would appreciate it very much. And thanks for the great Job you are doing so far.

Best Regards

Kermit

Answer
Dear Kermit,

I understand your predicament entirely.

The definition of what constitutes "confessing sins", is the real problem. The thief on the cross showed his confession in his behavior and demeanor.

If we need to be more specific #if conscience dictates this# then we should do so. To be free of the effects of sin needs a break off point. Confessing is that divesting of sin's power to cause more sin. Eternally speaking all our sins are not counted against us because of the Lamb of God sacrifice. But the lateral or earthly effects of sin can remain active if we do not break free from these terrestrial powers spiritually binding our lives.

So, in terms of eternal life, no sin, even tomorrow's sin is already forgiven for the child of God. But in terms of fruitfulness on this earth and pleasing God #which every true believer should deeply desire to do# we need deliverance from sin's powers. Like "habits" they often beset us and bind us limiting out godly usefulness and fruitfulness.

Deliverance from the effects of sin are vital for a fruitful life for the Lord. "By this is My Father gloried, that you bear much fruit!" John 15.

The second issue is that of righteousness consciousness. This has a limited but power effect. If we consider ourselves as righteous or good people that sometimes do bad things this concept enables us to remain un condemned and productive. We are "born of God", "sons of God" and therefore good people. Making the occasional mistake. However from a pint of view of condemnation is we feel failure conscious, we tend to give into sin and the sin nature and this attitude is counter-productive in our lives. No true believer seeks to sin, but to please God, but condemnation has a very negative effect #which we can see from old testament laws#by motivating us to failure and not towards success. The true believer never seeks to sin but only to ascend towards his Father and please Him.

I hope this sheds some light on this subject for you Kermit?
God bless  

Critics of Protestantism

Rev Philip Dacre