Croatia/Origin and meaning of family name

C. Turich wrote at 2012-10-26 12:19:20
The Turich family also has origins further inland from makasa..approx 20km there his a large mountain and the turichs lived on either side. I have an early Croatian map of regions mapped by family names which might be useful . The turichs are definately from Dalmatia region of CROATIA.My fathers dad came to Australia after his brother settled here in 1905..his name was Matt Turich and he called to his brother, Nikola who had spent 2 years in Argentina .. Nichola  , my Didda , then came to Australia and worked for 10 years before bringing out his wife, Ruza ( rose ) and then they started a second family in Australia .. My father, also Nichola was born in 1940 and BAS brothers who unfortunately did not make to trip to Australia and were burried back in their home Australia , the h was added to Turic for pronounciation.Also, the origins of the name include the villages " strong man " and my fathers sisters have returned to the village and relations are still about.. Good luck.

Igor Karasi

Born and living in Croatia, expert in Croatian langvage, history, tourisam and traveling, yachting and yacht charter, real estates market inside Croatia.

Ready to help with questions related to travel, culture, language (limited), health care, purchasing real estate, and living and vacationing in Croatia