Crochet/split cluster

teariana wrote at 2013-01-23 05:53:53
For those of you having trouble with split clusters I have lined up the instructions for Split Cluster versus Regular Cluster, only the instructions in parentheses are to be repeated the required amount of times.

(yo, insert hook in next st, yo, draw lp through, yo, draw through 2 lps on hook, yo, insert hook in

yo, insert hook in next ch sp, yo, draw lp through, yo, draw through 2 lps on hook, (yo, insert hook

same st, yo, draw lp through, yo, draw through 2 lps on hook) 2 times, yo, draw through all 5 lps

same sp, yo, draw lp through, yo, draw through 2 lps on hook) 3 times, yo draw through all 5 lps

on hook, ch 1.

on hook, ch 1.

In layman terms though the difference is that the legs of a Regular Cluster are worked all in the same space whereas a Split Cluster the legs are divided between 2 adjacent stitches. In these particular instructions the cluster’s are composed of 4 Double Crochet’s with the final loops joined by a single loop.

The Split Cluster has the first two legs worked in the first stitch and the second two legs worked in the next stitch with the final 5 resulting loops drawn together with the final yo.

The Regular Cluster has all 4 legs in the same chain space, with the final 5 resulting loops drawn together with the final yo.

Crochet

Ed Matos