Crochet/Size 2 Nylon thread

ivie wrote at 2013-08-26 13:36:30
I've used this thread in crocheting borders onto flannel baby blankets and burp cloths.  I have also crocheted bibs.  I use it in place of #10 cotton crochet thread.  It makes up beautifully into a long lasting, relatively stain resistant item.  My 82 year old mother-in-law has used this thread for years to edge her flannel baby blankets.

I have crocheted many doilies, I enjoy working with crochet thread. I have crocheted numerous afghans. But I have little to no experience in the afghan stitch, or hairpin lace. If you have a question pertaining to a pattern in a magazine, book or leaflet, please include the name and # of it, and the page or pattern #. There is a slight possibility I may have that pattern, and can refer to it. Nearly all of my crochet magazines, leaflests, etc are over 5 years old. Many are from the 80's and before. Although I have crocheted sweaters and slippers,I don't feel I have done enough of them to really give good advice as to assembling the pieces, but can give advice on the type of stitches.

I have been a crocheter for over 30 years.

American Legion Auxiliary

BS in geography

At a county fair one time I did win a crochet contest, and another time at the county fair I reccived a crochet award. and a few times I have won a "high points" award in crochet.