Crochet/shortening crochet directions

Question
I am ask to crochet a baby afgahan and make it shorter.  I do not know how to shorten the blanket per instruction due to the edging on the blanket.  New Handmade Crocheted Sweet Memento Baby Blanket in - Etsy
www.etsy.com/listing/.../new-handmade-crocheted-sweet-memento  I want to make this Sweet Memento Baby blanket but shortened by 1/4.  Can you tell how to shorten this blanket instructions?

Answer
Hi Wendy!
Thanks for asking! I am having some trouble finding the instructions. But I think I saw the picture, and understand your dilemma. What you would need to do is to figure out how many rows the edging covers. For example, if it covers a multiple of say, four rows, I believe it would work if you made the afghan in multiple rows of 4. You may have to add a row to this number for a starting point. But the safest way so that you donít go through a lot of trouble is to make a swatch with enough rows and pattern repeats to then experiment on the edging. Then you will see how the edging vs. number of rows will work. It may take time, but you can see sort of how the edging will lay out along the border.

I hope this helps! Let me know how it goes, or if you need further clarification.

Marla

Crochet

Marla