Crochet/afgan with ends that are uneven

can i fix the ends the width of my afghan with a separate border or can i cut it straight or what/// it is very large now about five by 4 feet it looks great except for that it is a tight shell pattern but I want to straighten the two end widths this is my first project next time i will count can i add on in the bad spaces or should i just add a single crochet around and then add tassels I really want to cut it but everybody says no any advice?

Thanks for the question

Don't cut. That will create a whole lots of issues.

Just block it (steam the piece and shape it, leaving it at the shaping as it dry)

Add a border. Fringe can cover up the issue.

Hope this helped. Should you need any assistance, please let me know.

Happy Hooking

Ed Matos

I am able to assist with reading patterns, in any format. I been crocheting for about 20+ years. Specialty in intricate pattern, adding bead, sequence, etc.

Crochet, all type patterns. My favorite project to work on are baptism gowns, done in size 10 threads.

I am self taught. I have taught hundreds of students, of all ages and genders the art of crochet.

I have won various first price ribbons at fairs