Crochet/Crochet stitch/following a chart

Do you interpret graphic charts? Natalia from outstanding crochet has made one up for  a beige irich crochet type cardigan :
Scroll down.... To the chart with the diamond pattern for main body of the cardigan.-
Could you kindly help me understand hoe the two part "diamonds"  are made. I get that the bottom halves of the diamonds are made in one row, and the top in the next... I just don't understand the beginning of row 3, green, where it appears you have chain 5, then 5 more, then 6 more for the center, so total 16 chains. Then sl st to make the center....and then I am stuck. How do I start making the treble crochet? ...or maybe I am not interpreting the first part correctly?

I would greatly appreciate your help. I feel like this is just a bump, and one I figure that out, the whole pattern will become clear!

ANSWER: Hi Rebecca!
Thanks for asking! Iíll look at this and try to write it out, and then get back to you.

I think I figured it out! I found this tutorial: which is a similar pattern, and took it from there!

Thanks for being willing to help!

Hi Rebecca!
You are welcome even though I didn't help any. I very rarely buy new crochet magazines due to the cost--I generally buy them used in garage sales/thrift stores. But my old "Magic Crochet" and "Decorative Crochet" use charts for their patterns. I usually find it easier to follow, especially, if, the instructions first explain the pattern (which they didn't in your case), then show the picture. Good luck! Let me know if you need anything else.

I have crocheted many doilies, I enjoy working with crochet thread. I have crocheted numerous afghans. But I have little to no experience in the afghan stitch, or hairpin lace. If you have a question pertaining to a pattern in a magazine, book or leaflet, please include the name and # of it, and the page or pattern #. There is a slight possibility I may have that pattern, and can refer to it. Nearly all of my crochet magazines, leaflests, etc are over 5 years old. Many are from the 80's and before. Although I have crocheted sweaters and slippers,I don't feel I have done enough of them to really give good advice as to assembling the pieces, but can give advice on the type of stitches.

I have been a crocheter for over 30 years.

American Legion Auxiliary

BS in geography

At a county fair one time I did win a crochet contest, and another time at the county fair I reccived a crochet award. and a few times I have won a "high points" award in crochet.