Crochet/In search of pattern

I have read about your expertise and love for crochet on and am wondering if you would be interested in helping to uncover a crochet pattern that my family has been looking for for many years. My grandmother was an avid crocheter and made beautiful blankets for my cousins and me when we were born. Sadly she passed on shortly after the last blanket was made and before any of us could learn the pattern. The cousins who received the blankets are now having children of their own and my family has tried to find the pattern but to no avail. I was wondering if you could possibly help us in our search? I have my blanket and it is still in very good condition. Do you think that seeing the blanket could be enough to know the pattern? Any help at all would be very much appreciated! Thank you so much for your time and I look forward to hearing from you! I hope you are having a wonderful holiday season!
Meaghan Kelly

Hello Meaghan:

Thanks for the question.

I can try my best in deciphering the pattern, or the stitches used to make the blanket.

Many times the patterns are self created, but by looking at the piece, the pattern can be made out.

Please provide some close up pictures of the blanket as well as one showing the pattern of the blanket. If possible, try to open up the blanket, so the stitches can be seen clearly. I will try my best to make out what the stitches that where used.

Thanks and look forward to the reply.

Happy Hooking

Ed Matos

I am able to assist with reading patterns, in any format. I been crocheting for about 20+ years. Specialty in intricate pattern, adding bead, sequence, etc.

Crochet, all type patterns. My favorite project to work on are baptism gowns, done in size 10 threads.

I am self taught. I have taught hundreds of students, of all ages and genders the art of crochet.

I have won various first price ribbons at fairs