Crochet/crochet question

I am making the red heart pattern for the comfy earflap hat pattern and am to round 10 and it says ch3, dc in next 8 sts, 1(2,2)Fpdc in next st.etc..  What does 1(2,2)Fpdc in next st mean?

Hi Stacey!
Thanks for asking! This is the number of stitches you would have for each individual size. The pattern is for three different sizes. For example, the pattern may be for a small (S) medium (M) or large (L). If you were making the small size, you would Fpdc once, and for the medium and large sizes you would Fpdc twice. At the beginning, the pattern should have given something like
S(M,L) for the stitch designation.I hope this helps! Good luck!

I have crocheted many doilies, I enjoy working with crochet thread. I have crocheted numerous afghans. But I have little to no experience in the afghan stitch, or hairpin lace. If you have a question pertaining to a pattern in a magazine, book or leaflet, please include the name and # of it, and the page or pattern #. There is a slight possibility I may have that pattern, and can refer to it. Nearly all of my crochet magazines, leaflests, etc are over 5 years old. Many are from the 80's and before. Although I have crocheted sweaters and slippers,I don't feel I have done enough of them to really give good advice as to assembling the pieces, but can give advice on the type of stitches.

I have been a crocheter for over 30 years.

American Legion Auxiliary

BS in geography

At a county fair one time I did win a crochet contest, and another time at the county fair I reccived a crochet award. and a few times I have won a "high points" award in crochet.