Crochet/Crochet pattern question

QUESTION: I downloaded the Heart Splendor scarf (LW2985) to make for a friend. My question is at the end of Round 1, it says skip last
unused loop – 32 sc, 1 ch-2 corner space. Do not join.  I'm confused by what 1 ch-2 corner space means. That is at the end of all the rounds.  Any help would be appreciated.

ANSWER: Hi Grace!
Thanks for asking. I found the picture on the Internet of it, but was unable to download the instructions. What are the instructions for the first couple of rounds, and how many chains do you make to start this?  This will help me figure out just what is going on. Hope to hear from you soon!

Round 1: 3 Sc in 2nd ch from hook, sc in next 6 ch, skip
next 2 ch, sc in next 6 ch, 3 sc in last ch; pivot to work in
unused loops of beginning ch, skip first loop, sc in next 6
ch, (sc, ch 2, sc) in ch-2 space, sc in next 6 ch, skip last
unused loop – 32 sc, 1 ch-2 corner space. Do not join.
Mark first st of round and move up as work progresses.

I understand how to get to the end where it says 1 ch-2 corner space.  The rest of the rounds are basically the same and have that same ch 1-2 corner space at the end as in Round 1. That statement is confusing me is all.

Hi Grace!
Thanks for getting back to me.I can understand the confusion. The ch 2 corner space is not referring to the end. What “32 sc, 1 ch-2 corner space” means is that at the end of the round you will have 32 sc, and one ch-2 corner space which you made doing the (sc, ch 2, sc) in the ch-2 space. To make it less confusing, it should have said “ 32 sc and one ch-2 corner space. It should have also said “corner space” in reference to when you did the ch 2. I have said it many time before, that the author of patterns thin we are mind readers and know exactly what they mean.

I hope this is what you needed! Let me know if it isn’t. And let me know if you need anything else. Good luck!

I have crocheted many doilies, I enjoy working with crochet thread. I have crocheted numerous afghans. But I have little to no experience in the afghan stitch, or hairpin lace. If you have a question pertaining to a pattern in a magazine, book or leaflet, please include the name and # of it, and the page or pattern #. There is a slight possibility I may have that pattern, and can refer to it. Nearly all of my crochet magazines, leaflests, etc are over 5 years old. Many are from the 80's and before. Although I have crocheted sweaters and slippers,I don't feel I have done enough of them to really give good advice as to assembling the pieces, but can give advice on the type of stitches.

I have been a crocheter for over 30 years.

American Legion Auxiliary

BS in geography

At a county fair one time I did win a crochet contest, and another time at the county fair I reccived a crochet award. and a few times I have won a "high points" award in crochet.