Crochet/never seen this before

Question
Hello! I just bought a crochet book that has something in a dress pattern that I've never come across. The author is from the UK so I don't know if it has something to do with that? The very first line of instruction for the dress is:

make 97:97:105:105:113ch -- the second 97 and second 105 are bolded.

Then throughout the pattern, I continue to see numbers separated by colons like above for example: 56:62:66:70:74 sts -- 62 and 70 are bolded.

Help! and thank you!

Answer
Hello Renee:

Thanks for the question.

This is a multi-size pattern. Also being that the pattern is from the UK, it could also be written using the British crochet style - Here is a link that will explain this better.

http://catherinecalder.articlealley.com/the-difference-in-crochet-terms-between-

Hope this helps. Should you need any assistance, please let me know.

Happy Hooking

Ed

Crochet

Ed Matos