Crochet/blanket size

Question
Hi.

I am making an afghan with a pattern a friend told me about.  It's called 1, 2, 3.  Each row you do continuous stitches of single, double, and triple crochets and then the next row the 1, 2, 3, will match up.  Anyway, I am only on my first row after making my chain but I am almost to the end of it and I'm finding that the chain is too long and that the blanket is going to be too big.  Is there a way for me to shorten the width without starting over?

Thanks so much!!

Answer
Hi Lauren,

The only way that I can think of to shorten the chain without starting over would be to skip every other ch that you have made, or to do all your stitches as decrease stitches. If you don't know how to do those, I could write out some instructions for you.

Those are the two possibilities that I can think of, but to be honest I think you best bet would be to start over. I hate starting over, but if you do either of those above two suggestions it would make the starting row of your blanket look different then the rest of the blanket, but it might make it less of a clean looking edge as it would be a little tight and might curve on you.
In my opinion it would be better to take the extra time and frustration to start over and have it look the best when it is finished.

But that is just my opinion and I don't know how much of the row you have left to finish either. If it is just a small amount, doing some decrease stitches might not hurt it too much.

PS...this sounds like a really cool pattern, I shall have to look it up to visualize what it looks like.

Hope this helps,

Natalie

Crochet

Natalie Paterson