Crochet/missed a step, don 't know where

i am somewhat new to making hats,and I am very new at combining stitches of different types. Instead of my work taking shape, it is still a round piece, not getting tighter. its called a shell and trellis hat- i see the design forming, but I need to know what i could be doing wrong.

Hi Dee,

Do you have a copy of the pattern and an image of your work? It would be easier for me to see where you might be going wrong if I could see it.

My first guess would be that you have missed or are not correctly doing a decreasing stitch. But without looking at the pattern I cannot really tell.

Hope to help,

Natalie Paterson

I can answer questions that concern reading crochet patterns and filet charts. I am not qualified to help with patterns that are only picture charts. I specialize in thread or cotton crochet, especially making doilies.

I have been crocheting for the past 6 years and have made many different projects. I have also helped many beginners start on their crocheting journing. I have done both wool and thread crochet, but I am better at thread crochet. I specialize in making doilies and lace items such as tablecloths, place settings, etc.

Crochet is a very enjoyable hobby that I pursue, but I have never had any education regarding this subject. What I know I am self taught and have perfected through many years of practice. I have finished my bachelor degree at college, and I just joining the workforce.