Crochet/missed a step, don 't know where

Question
i am somewhat new to making hats,and I am very new at combining stitches of different types. Instead of my work taking shape, it is still a round piece, not getting tighter. its called a shell and trellis hat- i see the design forming, but I need to know what i could be doing wrong.

Answer
Hi Dee,

Do you have a copy of the pattern and an image of your work? It would be easier for me to see where you might be going wrong if I could see it.

My first guess would be that you have missed or are not correctly doing a decreasing stitch. But without looking at the pattern I cannot really tell.

Hope to help,

Natalie

Crochet

Natalie Paterson