I am a beginner and I have a friend who lost his foot and part of hi lower leg.I would like to crochet him a footie and something for the amputated leg.Please help me if you can,  remember I am a beginner.  

Hi Denise,

I have never tried to crochet any covers for amputated legs. I looked up some patterns online. The only one that I found was this site:

Now this is crocheting in the round. It is not that difficult of a pattern once you get started? Let me know if you need any help with the beginning, I don't know if you have crocheted in the round before.

If you are wanted to do a matching footie then all you will need is a simple pattern (do you have one?) and just use matching yarn.

Hope this helps, sorry for the delay.

Natalie Paterson

I can answer questions that concern reading crochet patterns and filet charts. I am not qualified to help with patterns that are only picture charts. I specialize in thread or cotton crochet, especially making doilies.

I have been crocheting for the past 6 years and have made many different projects. I have also helped many beginners start on their crocheting journing. I have done both wool and thread crochet, but I am better at thread crochet. I specialize in making doilies and lace items such as tablecloths, place settings, etc.

Crochet is a very enjoyable hobby that I pursue, but I have never had any education regarding this subject. What I know I am self taught and have perfected through many years of practice. I have finished my bachelor degree at college, and I just joining the workforce.