Crochet/Can't Identify Pattern

Afghan Pattern
Afghan Pattern  
My daughter has had this afghan since she was a baby (now 10).  It came from a yard sale.  She has just about worn it thin.  I'm afraid it will fall apart every time it gets washed.  I'd love to find someone to make her a new one but I don't know what this pattern is.  Someone said the little things in the middle of the V were called shells?  My daughter loves how loose the stitches are and sticks her fingers through the large wholes.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hello Yvonne:

Thanks for the question.

This is done in the chevron pattern. Here is the link

The only difference in your case is: the stitches are double crochet, with a very large needle - that is why is so lacy looking.

Its very nice. Hope this helped. Should you need any assistance, please let me know.

Happy Hooking

Ed Matos

I am able to assist with reading patterns, in any format. I been crocheting for about 20+ years. Specialty in intricate pattern, adding bead, sequence, etc.

Crochet, all type patterns. My favorite project to work on are baptism gowns, done in size 10 threads.

I am self taught. I have taught hundreds of students, of all ages and genders the art of crochet.

I have won various first price ribbons at fairs