Crochet/Can't Identify Pattern

Question
Afghan Pattern
Afghan Pattern  
My daughter has had this afghan since she was a baby (now 10).  It came from a yard sale.  She has just about worn it thin.  I'm afraid it will fall apart every time it gets washed.  I'd love to find someone to make her a new one but I don't know what this pattern is.  Someone said the little things in the middle of the V were called shells?  My daughter loves how loose the stitches are and sticks her fingers through the large wholes.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Answer
Hello Yvonne:

Thanks for the question.

This is done in the chevron pattern. Here is the link

http://www.lotsofcrochetstitches.com/creative-crochet-stitch-patterns/basic-chev

The only difference in your case is: the stitches are double crochet, with a very large needle - that is why is so lacy looking.

Its very nice. Hope this helped. Should you need any assistance, please let me know.

Happy Hooking

Ed

Crochet

Ed Matos