Crochet/C&C Speed Cro-sheen

Question
Some 40 years ago I started making a bedspread which, unfortunately, I had to put aside.  It would cover the top of a twin size bed now and want to finish the edges and use it for a throw.  It is all double crochet and popcorn stitch.  Beautiful.  My problem is I can not find the hook I use and don't recall the size.  How do I find out what size hook was used.  Also, any suggestions how to finish off the edge all around?  

I still have a lot of the speed cro-sheen and should be enough to do a few rows around the entire piece.  Looking forward to your response.  Thank You!  Eleanor

Answer
Hello Eleanor:

Thanks for the question.

You can make a sample patch with the stitches and compare the size of the stitches. This will get you as close as possible. So do a few rows with one needle, then adjust the needed as you continue to do stitches until you find the one that will match the end results. Remember that from then to now, your tension probably changed as well.

Hope this helps. Should you need any assistance, please let me know.

Happy Hooking

Ed

Crochet

Ed Matos