Crochet/hyphen in pattern

Hi, this is my first proper project, I'm completely con fused with the hyphen before a,

Work 113-135-156 ch with Baby Alpaca Silk on hook size 3 mm. Turn and work 1 dc in 2nd ch from hook, continue with 1 dc in each of the next 3-1-4 ch, * skip 1 ch, 1 dc in each of the next 5 ch *, repeat from *-* the entire row = 94-112-130 dc (first ch on row is NOT counted as one dc) can you please explain this to a complete novice...thanks so much.
Cathy :)

Hello Cathy:

Thanks. For the question

Each number represents a size. So it's small medium and large. So the number will match with the size you are trying to make. Read the beginning of the patter for this information, so you will know what the finish size will be.

Hope this helped. Should you need any help, please let me know.

Happy hooking

Ed Matos

I am able to assist with reading patterns, in any format. I been crocheting for about 20+ years. Specialty in intricate pattern, adding bead, sequence, etc.

Crochet, all type patterns. My favorite project to work on are baptism gowns, done in size 10 threads.

I am self taught. I have taught hundreds of students, of all ages and genders the art of crochet.

I have won various first price ribbons at fairs