Crochet/hyphen in pattern

Question
Hi, this is my first proper project, I'm completely con fused with the hyphen before a number...eg,

FIRST SIDE:
Work 113-135-156 ch with Baby Alpaca Silk on hook size 3 mm. Turn and work 1 dc in 2nd ch from hook, continue with 1 dc in each of the next 3-1-4 ch, * skip 1 ch, 1 dc in each of the next 5 ch *, repeat from *-* the entire row = 94-112-130 dc (first ch on row is NOT counted as one dc) can you please explain this to a complete novice...thanks so much.
Cathy :)

Answer
Hello Cathy:

Thanks. For the question

Each number represents a size. So it's small medium and large. So the number will match with the size you are trying to make. Read the beginning of the patter for this information, so you will know what the finish size will be.

Hope this helped. Should you need any help, please let me know.

Happy hooking

Ed

Crochet

Ed Matos