Crochet/crochet pattern

Question
I have submitted this before, but expert could not answer. I hope you can as this is a timely baby gift.
I do not understand the following: work [2 dc,ch1,[3 dc,ch1,]3 times
knowing how to proceed would help me so much. This is part of a baby hat pattern." I hope someone in your  community can help me out. If there is any way to expedite as this is for a baby shower gift.
thanks so much Roberta,
It starts with a bracket then more instructions in parenthesis and closes with bracket

Answer
Hey Roberta,

Is this pattern in a round? If it is, usually this means that you have aready done a ch 3 (or ch 2) and this is counting as your first dc stitch. So I take this to mean that you need to do first 2dc, ch 1. Then you do the 3 dc, ch 1 three times around the circle. So there should be four seperate groupings of (3dc) around each separated by a ch 1.

If this is not what you mean, I am sorry.

Hope this helps,

Natalie

Crochet

Natalie Paterson