I am trying to connect four small squares. Each corner is a ch 13 loop. WHERE do I connect 2,3,and 4 to the first one? To connect..I am instructed to ch 6, sc in ch 13 loop of previous motif, ch 6, and continue with pattern. I have tried different places to place the connection, but each time it looks terrible. I am certainly having a blank mind at this point (Old age, I guess). Could you help me please? I would like to get started with this as a serious project for the Minnesota State Fair this year.

Hello Marilyn

Thanks for the question

Since you have the 13 stitch loop at each corner, the sc goes in this space. I do not suggest to attach it to the chain (the individual stitch) but rather let it float in the chain (or loop, in this case) this allows the motif to properly sit once you have the motifs in place and you will be able to block it better.

Hope this helps.

Happy hooking

Ed Matos

I am able to assist with reading patterns, in any format. I been crocheting for about 20+ years. Specialty in intricate pattern, adding bead, sequence, etc.

Crochet, all type patterns. My favorite project to work on are baptism gowns, done in size 10 threads.

I am self taught. I have taught hundreds of students, of all ages and genders the art of crochet.

I have won various first price ribbons at fairs