Crochet/need help n understanding a crochet pattern

Question
How to Yoh and draw up a loop around post of next dc 2 rolls below at front of work inserting hook from left to right. What r they calling a post? How am I inserting from left to right?

Answer
Hello Deborah

Thanks for the question.

Yoh is a yarn over, and draw a loop. The post is the stitch - commonly a double crochet created from previous row. So in this stitch you are inserting the hook in the space between the stitches from the left to the right. So insert it on the left of the stitch and come out the right side. What this will do is create a texture stitch, and the stitch wraps the previous stitch,mi stead if sitting on the top and being completely flat.

I do hope this helps.

Happy hooking

Ed

Crochet

Ed Matos