Crochet/Crochet stitch

What is a large she'll & how is it done? The next row of instructions says "15tr in large shell space(2nd set of pineapples started)?q

Hello Chery:

Thanks for the question.

You will need to look at the beginning of the pattern information and it should tell you how to do the large shell. Each pattern will have its own set of instructions on what they consider to be a specific shell. Usually shell consist of a set number of dc, chains and dc creating a fan shape combination of stitches. If you don't see it at the beginning, it could be explain as part of a row instructions (sometime it will state how to do the stitches for it and at the end will state, "created a large shell' or something in like that).

Hope this helped. Its hard to answer this question without the pattern, since each pattern will have its own set of stitches to create that specific shape.

Should you have any question, please let me know.

Happy Hooking

Ed Matos

I am able to assist with reading patterns, in any format. I been crocheting for about 20+ years. Specialty in intricate pattern, adding bead, sequence, etc.

Crochet, all type patterns. My favorite project to work on are baptism gowns, done in size 10 threads.

I am self taught. I have taught hundreds of students, of all ages and genders the art of crochet.

I have won various first price ribbons at fairs