Crochet/ripple pattern

Hello there, I'm trying to make a ripple baby blanket, I'm very rusty, and wondering this: I don't have the right number of stitches at the end of my 1st row. I'm confused, because in the 3 DC I am adding 1 stich, and in skipping 2 I'm loosing 2 stiches, but the pattern expects almost the same number at the end, minus 1 from the start. How can that be possible?

Hello Annika:

The ripple pattern is very interesting. It decreases and increases to give you the ripple effect. At the end of the row you should always have the same number of stitches. In the peaks is where you will always increase, then on the valleys you are doing the same number of decreases. That is how the number of stitches are always the same..

Hopefully this will help you.

Happy Hooking

Ed Matos

I am able to assist with reading patterns, in any format. I been crocheting for about 20+ years. Specialty in intricate pattern, adding bead, sequence, etc.

Crochet, all type patterns. My favorite project to work on are baptism gowns, done in size 10 threads.

I am self taught. I have taught hundreds of students, of all ages and genders the art of crochet.

I have won various first price ribbons at fairs