Crochet/ripple pattern

Question
Hello there, I'm trying to make a ripple baby blanket, I'm very rusty, and wondering this: I don't have the right number of stitches at the end of my 1st row. I'm confused, because in the 3 DC I am adding 1 stich, and in skipping 2 I'm loosing 2 stiches, but the pattern expects almost the same number at the end, minus 1 from the start. How can that be possible?

thanks

Answer
Hello Annika:

The ripple pattern is very interesting. It decreases and increases to give you the ripple effect. At the end of the row you should always have the same number of stitches. In the peaks is where you will always increase, then on the valleys you are doing the same number of decreases. That is how the number of stitches are always the same..

Hopefully this will help you.

Happy Hooking

Ed

Crochet

Ed Matos