Crochet/Crochet Ripple Pattern.

Question
I have a very general question re the ripple pattern, are the hills and valleys supposed to be stiched directly over the hills and valleys of the previous row. Whenever I see pictures of this pattern they all seem right over top of the previous row. I am new to this type of pattern and mine seem to be off to the side by about 2 stitches but the ripple seems to be forming and I am ending each row with the correct stitch according to the pattern. I am on row 3 of a basic ripple pattern and just wondered if I should DC 2 times in same stitch 2xs(hill) and 2dctog 2xs(valley) directly over the same stitch from the previous row.Thanks for your help.

Answer
Hello Carla

Thanks for the question.

Yes hills and valleys are worked over each other. You should always have ethe end count the same. Valleys have decreases, but the peaks make them up. It should be balanced, if they are wrong, you should be able to see where the error is.

Hopefully this will help.

Crochet

Ed Matos