Crochet/Help Reading a Pattern

Question
Bunny Purse
Bunny Purse  
Hi there,
  First, allow me to thank you for taking the time to read and assist me with my question. I am new to crocheting and have come to a row in a pattern that I don't understand how to do what they are asking. I am making a bunny face and have crocheted 12 rows of 12 sc across..sc dec in first two and last two stitches of last three rows. The next row states... now work in rounds around the outer edge, sc in end of each row across, working in starting chain on opposite side of row 1, sc in each chain across, sc in end of each row across, 2 sc in next stitch, sc in each next four stitches, 2 sc in last stitch join in beg sc and fasten off.
  I know this is to go around the face of the bunny but I do not understand exactly what she is wanting me to do. To me it is worded a bit confusing so I wondered if you might could help.
 Looking forward to receiving your response.
 Thanks so much!

Answer
Hello Cynthia:

You are most welcome. Now to see if I can shed some light on this row.

The face has been established (that's the 12 rows with the decrease on the last three rows). this is what they are stating: In parenthesis I will add the part of the pattern instruction provided so you can follow along.

You should have the edge of the piece to your left of your hand, on this edge you will work a sc on each end of row till you get to the row of your starting chain (now work in rounds around the outer edge, sc in end of each row across)

You should now be at the starting chain row: Now you will sc in each chain too the end. (working in starting chain on opposite side of row 1, sc in each chain across).

Now you should be at the opposite edge of the piece (so lets recap, you did the stitches on the edge of the piece, and the starting row. You now have the opposite edge and the opposite row to the starting edge to complete, hopefully I did not loose you. In simple terms, you have worked two side of the square piece, about to start side three) Now you will do a sc on this edge (this is the end/beginning of your rows - the side edge) ( sc in end of each row across).

Now you have completed 3 sides of this square, about to start the last side, or row. This is where you will do the last part of the pattern: (2 sc in next stitch, sc in each next four stitches, 2 sc in last stitch join in beg sc and fasten off.) and you should completed all sides of the face.

A hint, the comas in a row instructions help in breaking things down, if you read it, and perform the instructions from coma to coma, its not as overwhelming and at times can click and make sense.

Hope this helped. Should you need any assistance, please let me know.

Happy hooking

Ed

Crochet

Ed Matos