Crochet/Reconstructing a pattern

Greetings Ed -

I have pieces of a crocheted table runner that my grandmother gave me before she passed away.  I would like to finish it, but I don't have the pattern for it.  Can you recommend someone to whom I can show it who would be able to analyze the worked piece (or pieces) and come up with a written pattern?

Hello lad

This is a tough question. I suggest that you research for a crochet group or guild in the area. Usually they will have some well seasoned crocheted that can look at a piece and give you some guidance. If not research on the Internet any crochet group or guild, and you can present the request to them. You can also research for a crochet restorer, and that may be another way to find some assistance.

At times you can look at the piece, and if you know your crochet stitches, you can figure it out. You can photograph the piece and enlarge it to really see the stitches. Or poke and probe the piece to see what the stitches are.

I hope this helped.

Happy hooking

Ed Matos

I am able to assist with reading patterns, in any format. I been crocheting for about 20+ years. Specialty in intricate pattern, adding bead, sequence, etc.

Crochet, all type patterns. My favorite project to work on are baptism gowns, done in size 10 threads.

I am self taught. I have taught hundreds of students, of all ages and genders the art of crochet.

I have won various first price ribbons at fairs