Crochet/help in bracket

Question
rnd 5 (5,6,6,6):*esc in each of next 4 (4,5,5,5) sts, 2esc in next st, esc in each of next 3 (3,4,4,4) sts rep from* around 36 (36,44,44,44) esc

I understand the 4esc next sts 2esc in the same st 3esc in next sts and rep, but I don't understand the numbers in the bracket this is a hat pattern with lining

Answer
Hello Magaly:

Thanks for the question.

The number in the bracket are the different sizes, and the amount of stitched needed to meet that size. Look toward the beginning of the pattern and this should be explained of the different sized and what number you will need to meet that size.

Hope this helped.

Happy hooking

Ed

Crochet

Ed Matos