Crochet/help in bracket

rnd 5 (5,6,6,6):*esc in each of next 4 (4,5,5,5) sts, 2esc in next st, esc in each of next 3 (3,4,4,4) sts rep from* around 36 (36,44,44,44) esc

I understand the 4esc next sts 2esc in the same st 3esc in next sts and rep, but I don't understand the numbers in the bracket this is a hat pattern with lining

Hello Magaly:

Thanks for the question.

The number in the bracket are the different sizes, and the amount of stitched needed to meet that size. Look toward the beginning of the pattern and this should be explained of the different sized and what number you will need to meet that size.

Hope this helped.

Happy hooking

Ed Matos

I am able to assist with reading patterns, in any format. I been crocheting for about 20+ years. Specialty in intricate pattern, adding bead, sequence, etc.

Crochet, all type patterns. My favorite project to work on are baptism gowns, done in size 10 threads.

I am self taught. I have taught hundreds of students, of all ages and genders the art of crochet.

I have won various first price ribbons at fairs