Crochet/enlarging crochet patterns

Question
Hi I have a crochet sweater pattern that is for a newborn. How do I follow the same pattern and make it for 9 month size? I also have a hat pattern that I would like to enlarge, same sizes. Thank you for your help.

Answer
Hello Eileen

Thanks for the question.

You have multiple options. You can use the gauge to increase. So you can use a larger hook, this will make the garment larger.  You can also increase the stitch count, using the establish patter to increase more in the center, keeping the edges as established.. Going from newborn to a 9 month is a rather large increase. I would recommend increasing the stitch count. Find the repeat or establish pattern and increase that. You will also need the measurements so you can check the garment as you go.

I hope this helped.

Happy hooking

Ed

Crochet

Ed Matos