Crochet/Creating 5 petal flowers in round using tr cls

Question
Page 1
Page 1  

Page 2
Page 2  
Hi - I am working on a pattern called "Pink Perfection" from the Frilly Frocks collection. I am on round 28, and from the looks of the picture, the beginning flower in the round (which is 5 petal but formed differently) and also looking ahead to the next round, it is wanting me to crochet 5 petal flowers. The stitches for the flower are as follows - ch 8, 2-tr cl in 5th ch from hook, 3-tr cl in 5th ch of next ch-9, [ch 5, 2-tr cl in 5th ch from hook] twice, sl st in top of 3-tr cl, ch 5, 2-tr cl in 5th ch from hook (flower made). When I do what is in the brackets, I am left with two stacked petals that then cluster when I slip stitch into the top of the 3-tr-cl, which leaves me with a 4 petal flower. If you could help me that would be great.

Answer
Hello Paige:

Thanks for the question.

That would be correct, then after you would do the ch5, 2-tr cl in 5th ch from hook. To give you the 5 petals. The bracket information is done twice, and before doing the bracket, you should already have two petals, the bracket will add 2 more and the last part would add the last petal = 5 petals. The instructions are a bit confusing, but they do total 5 petals.

Hopefully this will help. Should you need any assistance, please let me know.

Happy Hooking

Ed

Crochet

Ed Matos