Crochet/Reading a pattern

Hi. I'm having trouble reading my pattern... 1dc in each of next 2 dc. Ch2. [(yoh and draw up a loop. Yoh and draw through 2 loops on hook) 3 times. Yoh and draw through all loops on hook-cl made. Ch2] twice in next ch-3sp. [miss next dc. 1 dc in each of next 5 dc. Ch2. (Cl. Ch2) twice in next ch-3 sp] 11 times.

After the 3 times I'm confused.  Twice in next ch-3sp?? Please explain, this is the first row. Which part do I repeat 11 times? The whole thing?
Thank you.

Hello Peggy:

Thanks for the question.

Yes you would repeat the first set of instruction in the bracket twice in the ch-3sp. You repeat the second set of instruction in the bracket (after ch-3sp) 11 time. There is two different set of brackets and I think that is what is throwing you off. Since there is brackets in the instructions, They are using the line one to define the repeat. and the round one for further instructions.

Hopefully this will help. Should you need further assistance, please let me know.

Happy hooking

Ed Matos

I am able to assist with reading patterns, in any format. I been crocheting for about 20+ years. Specialty in intricate pattern, adding bead, sequence, etc.

Crochet, all type patterns. My favorite project to work on are baptism gowns, done in size 10 threads.

I am self taught. I have taught hundreds of students, of all ages and genders the art of crochet.

I have won various first price ribbons at fairs