Crochet/Crochet bells

Hi. I have some crochet bells that are about 20 yrs old. They were boxed up and are bent out of shape. I was wondering what I should use to restarch them and get them back into shape. Any ideas?

Hello Karen

Thanks for the question.

If they don't need to be cleaned, you can steam them into shape. I would suggest to wash them, then breast arch and rebook to the shape.

If you are going to wash them. I would suggest to use oxyclean and warm water. Soak the pieces to release the starch, then agitate to get them clean. You can add vine roger to help it as well. Once they are nice and clean, give them a good rinse to remove all the cleaning detergent. Place them on a clean towel and let them dry to remove excess water. Get the starch and dip them, removing the excess and block into the shape, letting them dry completely.

If you don't want to wash them. A good steam should loosen them for you to reshape and let dry.

Hopefully this will help.

Happy hooking

Ed Matos

I am able to assist with reading patterns, in any format. I been crocheting for about 20+ years. Specialty in intricate pattern, adding bead, sequence, etc.

Crochet, all type patterns. My favorite project to work on are baptism gowns, done in size 10 threads.

I am self taught. I have taught hundreds of students, of all ages and genders the art of crochet.

I have won various first price ribbons at fairs