Crohns Disease/Crohn's pain

Question
Hi, I have Crohn's disease and at the moment I am getting a lot of pain. I have been given 60mg of codeine and a gram of paracetamol but it isn't working. Until I can next get in to see my doctor, can you please recommend anything to stop the pain, medication or more general (such as a hot water bottle on the stomach)? I can't take ibuprofen as I am allergic.
Thank-you,
From Libby

Answer
Hi Libby,

I'm sorry, but if codeine is not helping your pain, I'm not sure any over the counter remedy will.  It's especially hard for me to help not knowing anything about the pain. Where it's located, how long you've had it, if you are experiencing any other symptoms etc.

I do believe curling up with a hot pad can help.  A hot bath can also be soothing.  You should probably maintain a bland diet to try to help the flare up, and make sure you are drinking plenty of fluids.

Sorry I couldn't help more, I hope you feel better soon.

Jaime

Crohns Disease

Jaime Coyle