Crohns Disease/Chrons

I was recently diagnosed with Chrons and I was told I shouldn't take IB Profen and I was wondering what a good alternative would be for when I have a headache or other pain? Also I saw a commercial for some website that was called or something like that but I can't seem to find it and there are no matching results when I Google it. I was just wondering if you knew what I was looking for! Thanks!

Hi ari!

Your best bet for headaches is Tylenol with some caffeine. (A cup of coffee, etc). Ill be honest, I get terrible headaches and the only thing that works for me is excedrine. My drs always told me as well not to take ibuprofen but I found that I tolerate well. I'm not saying you should take it all the time, but once in a blue moon if nothing else works might be worth it.

I think the crohns tv is from the commercial, the website is There is also and many more if you google crohns website. I would definitely suggest reading these boards and connecting with other people because its a tough disease and its much easier if you are armed with information about treatments and to know that you are not alone.

Hope this helps!

Crohns Disease

Jaime Coyle

I can answer any questions regarding what it's like to live with Crohn's, Ulcerative Colitis an ostomy bag, or a j-pouch. Symptoms, medication options, what to expect after some surgeries, and what to expect overall if you are diagnosed. I can give advice on how to explain the disease to friends and family, as well as answer questions for any family members who feel helpless. I am familiar with many support groups and websites dedicated to the diseases which I can refer people to. I also know many products available to help with some of the more uncomfortable issues that come with having these diseases.

I am not a doctor. I was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis when I was 14. I had a very quick and serious bout with it in which I was hospitalized on and off for more than a year. I tried many different medications and finally had to resort to surgery. After my large intestine was removed I lived with an ostomy bag for a year as a teenager. My second surgery was to create a j-pouch and reconnect everything to my rectum. For the last 13 years I have been relatively healthy however have been diagnose with most likely having Crohn's. During these years I have joined numerous support groups and have been in touch with tons of people who are going through it. I keep up research on the newest medications and talk to people who take them about the side-effects. Also when I was sick I tried almost every medication available and can personally talk about the side-effects. I was a camp counselor for the United Ostomy Association's Youth Rally where I taught kids how to live with their diseases. It is something that I feel very strongly about and having gone through it I know that it feels like you are alone.

Crohn's and Colitis Foundation, United Ostomy Association, Youth Rally Committee,

bachelor degree in management from Emerson College