Crohns Disease/Rectal Bleeding

Question
Dear Mr. Coyle,
I am a 26 year old boy and I recently have rectal bleeding (2 times in two successive days). The color of Blood that results from rectal bleeding is bright red. Rectal bleeding occurs when I pass hard or large stools. It causes pain and I completely feel the pain in the entrance of my anus. I feel embarrassed if my family knows about it. It will be so nice of you if you offer some advice on the treatment of this issue.

Answer
Hi leopald,

The bright red blood is a sign that the bleeding is from tearing on the outside, not internal bleeding, which is somewhat good news. You should try to stick to a bland diet so not to strain yourself.  http://www.atlanticcoastgastro.com/the-bland-diet.html

Warm soaks in a bathtub or with a sitz bath can help the pain, as well as some over the counter balms. To me it sounds most likely like hemmoroids. Something like preparation h could help, but you should really be seeing a doctor.

I hope this helps

Jaime

Crohns Disease

Jaime Coyle