Crohns Disease/possibly chron's?

Hello, I have been struggling with a wide range of symptoms for years. Let me preface by saying I grew up with homeless parents and was not able to seek medical car for anything. I am now 22 and having issues. They range from acid reflux, sharp pain in my left shoulder & left chest, constant fatigue, random vertigo, extreme stomach distention where i look 9 months pregnant, heart palpitations, gas & indigestion every time i eat,i have had pin worm very often since being a child (im 22 now),It is more difficult to breath when I lay flat, I often cough up phlegm, etc. The list goes on and on. Also, A nurse at my college told me I have a heart murmur and should get an echo. Cant afford that, and don't have insurance. I am burnt out on all of this, and It has caused me to start having severe anxiety attacks. There is no gastroenterologist on this website at the time, thought Id ask here. Thank you for anything !!!!!

Hi Ashley,

None of the symptoms you describe make me think you have Crohn's.   I'm sorry I can't really help with what you are experiencing, but I hope that you are able to get to a doctor soon because there is definitely something going on with your health.

Crohns Disease

Jaime Coyle

I can answer any questions regarding what it's like to live with Crohn's, Ulcerative Colitis an ostomy bag, or a j-pouch. Symptoms, medication options, what to expect after some surgeries, and what to expect overall if you are diagnosed. I can give advice on how to explain the disease to friends and family, as well as answer questions for any family members who feel helpless. I am familiar with many support groups and websites dedicated to the diseases which I can refer people to. I also know many products available to help with some of the more uncomfortable issues that come with having these diseases.

I am not a doctor. I was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis when I was 14. I had a very quick and serious bout with it in which I was hospitalized on and off for more than a year. I tried many different medications and finally had to resort to surgery. After my large intestine was removed I lived with an ostomy bag for a year as a teenager. My second surgery was to create a j-pouch and reconnect everything to my rectum. For the last 13 years I have been relatively healthy however have been diagnose with most likely having Crohn's. During these years I have joined numerous support groups and have been in touch with tons of people who are going through it. I keep up research on the newest medications and talk to people who take them about the side-effects. Also when I was sick I tried almost every medication available and can personally talk about the side-effects. I was a camp counselor for the United Ostomy Association's Youth Rally where I taught kids how to live with their diseases. It is something that I feel very strongly about and having gone through it I know that it feels like you are alone.

Crohn's and Colitis Foundation, United Ostomy Association, Youth Rally Committee,

bachelor degree in management from Emerson College