Crohns Disease/eating

Question
Hello,   I was hospitalized 5 years ago and they told me I had Celiac disease.  They told me to avoid Gluten which I have done in USA.  I had been on Prednizone and now for the last 3 years I am on Metheltrexate.  I am in Sweden and find I can't avoid eating Gluten so I have been eating what is put in front of me like breads, cakes etc because I don't want to insult my hosts.  I have done this for a month with no symptoms at all.  Do you think I am not allergic to Gluten or is it building up for an attack or is the Metheltrexate keeping things under control or is European gluten different from American gluten?

Answer
Hi Don,

Sorry to take so long for the response.  Unfortunately, this is a little out of my expertise, but I did want to comment on one of your statements because it is interesting.  I do think that European gluten is different from American, because of the way we treat our wheat here in the US.  It is not so pure anymore.  I would be curious to know how many people in Europe are diagnosed with Celiac vs. the amount in the US.   But also, the metheltrexate can certainly be keeping things under control- did you ever test that in the US by eating gluten here while taking it?  

Sorry I couldn't be of more help, good luck!

Jaime

Crohns Disease

Jaime Coyle