Cross Stitch/Anchor stranded cotton thread no. 496

I am unable to buy Anchor stranded cotton No. 496 (green) to finish my project. Do you know if this is discontinued or re-numbered?

Is this an older project and/or a project that was started long ago?  It seems there is no No. 496 in the current Anchor shade line, so it was indeed either re-numbered or discontinued altogether.

However, I did find some Anchor stranded cotton in No. 496 for sale at this link:

If this link is no help, I know someone I can contact today with connections to Clark & Co. who can possibly tell me if this has just been renumbered, and the new number.  I will submit a follow-up reply with the new code number (or information of being discontinued if this is the case).

Cross Stitch

Laura R.

I can answer any questions regarding cross-stitch instruction, correct needle sizes, fabrics, tips on how to correct common problems/issues, and tips on helpful products.

I've been an avid cross-stitcher for almost 20 years. I've stitched on aida, evenweave linen, plastic canvas, towels, quilt squares, etc. I'll do my best to answer any question you have. I look forward to helping!

AAS Degree in Paralegal Studies