Cross Stitch/Anchor stranded cotton thread no. 496

Question
I am unable to buy Anchor stranded cotton No. 496 (green) to finish my project. Do you know if this is discontinued or re-numbered?

Answer
Hello!

Is this an older project and/or a project that was started long ago?  It seems there is no No. 496 in the current Anchor shade line, so it was indeed either re-numbered or discontinued altogether.

However, I did find some Anchor stranded cotton in No. 496 for sale at this link:

http://us.ebid.net/for-sale/anchor-stranded-cotton-thread-number-496-embroidery-

If this link is no help, I know someone I can contact today with connections to Clark & Co. who can possibly tell me if this has just been renumbered, and the new number.  I will submit a follow-up reply with the new code number (or information of being discontinued if this is the case).

Laura

Cross Stitch

Laura R.