Cross Stitch/19 COUNT LINEN

Question
HELLO....HAVE A NEW PROJECT THAT CALLS FOR 19 COUNT LINEN AND I HAVE NEVER HAD MUCH SUCCESS WITH LINEN SO WANT TO USE AIDA FABRIC (I KNOW LINEN GIVES A MUCH NICER LOOK BUT IT JUST NEVER WORKED FOR ME)  WHAT COUNT WOULD YOU SUGGEST.  SHOULD TELL YOU THAT THERE ARE BUTTONS TO BE STITCHED INTO THE DESIGN "cELEBRATE EVERYTHING" BY SHEPHERD'S BUSH PRINTWORKS.

tHANKS FOR YOUR HELP!

Answer
Hi Karen!

Linen involves "stitching over 2", so in order to convert to aida cloth and keep the finished design fairly the same size, you would divide by 2.  So, in this case, you'd need 10-count aida fabric.

However, using 10-count aida cloth would created pretty large stitches (which is fine, if that's what you like).  You could always use 12, 14 or even 16 count aida cloth to do this project.  But, keep in mind, the larger number of aida you use, the smaller the stitched design will be.  So, if you'd like to keep the design fairly the same size as the original, you should use 10 count aida.

Hope this helps!  Let me know if you have any other questions.

Laura

Cross Stitch

Laura R.