Cross Stitch/Useless pattern

Question
I have a pattern that is 118 x 118 stitches - it doesn't tell me how much fabric to use. I want to use 28 count linen. Thanks.

Answer
Hi Julie-Ann!

If you stitch over 2 (which you most always do when using 28 count linen), then the finished size of the actual stitched section would be about 8.5 inches x 8.5 inches.  You obviously want some extra fabric on the sides for a border and some additional room for finishing/framing (usually 4 extra inches on each side).  So you would want to use a piece of linen fabric that's 17 inches x 17 inches.

If you like a lot of additional extra fabric on the sides in order to work with and for finishing/framing, etc., then you could just use a piece of fabric that's about 20 inches x 20 inches.

I hope that helps!  Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Laura

Cross Stitch

Laura R.