Cult Movies/80's kids movie

Simon1720 wrote at 2008-12-17 02:03:39
I think you are thinking of the hugga bunch movie. It starts out with a little girl who goes through a mirror into hugga bunch land where she tries to find the berries to bring back to her grandma to keep her young. The berries belong to a witch and are kept in a glass dome. The hugga bunch are little puppets. It was one of my favorite movies when I was little. Hope this helps!

80sgirl wrote at 2008-12-24 04:49:00
I've been trying to figure out the same movie for years- but this is definitely not it. The other movie was far more for children. Jack the Pumpkinhead was not a character. I clearly remember the magical berries and the queen who became old after she could not eat them. There has to be someone out there who knows what this is!

Kristie wrote at 2009-02-06 22:28:02
It's called Hugabunch...they have an elephant named noodles...and the main character goes through a mirror... I love that one ;)

Tiffany wrote at 2009-04-23 04:25:01
Although the movie Return to Oz is great, I think the movie they are trying to think of is the Huga Bunch. She goes through her mirror at her grandma's house (who is going to be moving to a retirement home) and she runs into a witch with special "berries" in a glass cage thing. You can youtube it too!

scamp wrote at 2010-02-21 05:13:20
I think the movie is called "Hugga Bunch" There is an evil queen who eats fruit from a tree to stay young. A young girl travels through a mirror at the beginning. Check it out! One of my favorites as a girl.

actionchik wrote at 2011-03-23 06:02:37
Natalie, it isn't Return to Oz, that is a completly different movie. I know what you are talking about though and I have been trying to remember the name for a really long time. I hope someone can figure it out.

Pamela wrote at 2012-11-13 06:16:05
I think they are both right! You are crossing the Huggabunch movie with Return to Oz. I have been doing this too! The mirror and the fruit are from Huggbunch, but the different heads are from Return to Oz.  

Cult Movies

7devonapes