Cult Movies/Horror movie 1970's dollhouse "jar of Tang"

tim wrote at 2009-06-05 10:15:07
I, too, am haunted by the memory of that weird 70's twilight-zone-like show. I just watched the jodie foster link from the answer above and that's definitely not it. I vividly remember the scene with the family fighting to survive as their house floods with thick tar and then discovering that it is all the result of a careless girl leaving a half eaten chocolate bar in her doll house. i think her clothes and setting are all white or something because i definitely remember a futuristic vibe as well. it ends with someone calling her name before she trots off, oblivious to the suffering she's caused. i was so excited when i thought i'd found the answer but now i'm back to square one.

SciFiDude wrote at 2009-06-15 16:38:58
The Jody Foster movie is not that same movie. Other sites have also  have mistakenly pointed it out that "Ghost Story" aka "Circle of Fear" was the movie.  I watched the "Circle of Fear" link and this is definitely NOT the movie.

I am also trying to fid out that the above movie mentioned is. I remember the story started with a family who awoke in their home only to find that there was a metal wall surrounding the entire out and they spent the entire movie trying to get out. Meanwhile the temperature was slowly rising and there was a mysterious green blob oozing from the upstairs.

The ending revealed that a child from the future has placed his sister's dollhouse in the oven and that a green candy bar left by one of the future children started melting in one of the upstairs dollhouse rooms.

jerryg wrote at 2009-06-29 02:04:59
Hi ivimoen.

I think the movie you're talking about is "Hammer House of Mystery and Suspense" Child's Play (1986)

Really got into this movie when I saw it all those years back, great ending

Jay wrote at 2009-09-16 07:06:24
Finally figured it out.

Thanks for filling in the parts I forgot.

Hammer House Of Mystery And Suspense - Child's Play

The whole thing is on YouTube.

- Jay

venstr wrote at 2009-11-06 20:14:16
Hi jerryg !

Thanks, thanks thanks ! :)

I have been seatching this for years and finally found out more people were looking for this movie!

Thanks !

kgeorga wrote at 2010-02-02 20:32:34
I think it is actually from the series Hammer from 1984. The episode is titled "House of Mystery and Suspense". Here is a link:

ged wrote at 2010-02-17 21:13:57
Hi, may be it is too late but the correct answer is Hammer House Of Mystery And Suspense - Child's Play...

ivimoen wrote at 2010-03-16 17:02:02
wow thank you all :) i finaly found the movie :) thanks to you :) its " Hammer House of Mystery and Suspense "

i was lookin for, and found it on youtube..

im so lookin forward to see this :)

Thanks again.

Mickey wrote at 2010-09-16 06:12:24
Here's what you're looking for! :) Don't feel bad cause it drove me crazy trying to find it too! XD

It's an episode of a Hammer show called Child's Play!

Hope this helps you out! :)

ScaryMovieLover wrote at 2011-01-16 15:53:33
I remember that movie too & I have always tried to find out the title of it. I believe there was a cat too. Maybe the cat started to tear up the house & get to the people?  

ScaryMovieLover wrote at 2011-01-16 16:02:33
nevermind..I was thinking of a different movie. I think this might be the one that you are thinking of

RussetWolf wrote at 2011-05-03 14:55:41
Oh wow! I myself have been looking for this movie, but I don't know the title, nor do I know who the actors were, and I saw it when I was a very very little girl.

I don't think it was Circle of Fear/House of Evil... or was it? I remember exactly as you described. The end of the movie depicts a girl and her mom, I think, looking down at the three inhabitants of dollhouse, now turned into petrified dolls laid in bed.  

Babas wrote at 2011-06-17 21:40:31
I think this is the film you´re looking for. Hammer House Of Mystery And Suspense - Child's Play

Mr Geezenstack wrote at 2011-07-30 18:22:15
What the OP is looking for is a part of the Hammer House Of Mystery And Suspense series called Child's Play. It's from 1986.

Rom wrote at 2011-08-15 17:08:34
I, among other 80's kids, have been searching for the same video for years.

I recently stumbled upon it on Youtube. Search for "Hammer House Of Mystery And Suspense - Child's Play"

Courtney wrote at 2012-03-11 04:02:29
I've been looking for the same movie/TV show for years, as well! I remember watching it with my dad when I was a kid and it really freaked me out. While the "House of Evil" episode did sound very similar (I found it and watched it just to make sure), it is not the one you are looking for.

I did find what we're both looking for, though, after some more searching. It was an episode of Hammer House of Mystery and Suspense called "Child's Play". Hope this helps! :)

shh wrote at 2016-04-18 02:31:23
No, here's the movie:

Cult Movies

I will attempt to answer any questions in regard to weird, offbeat, twisted horror/cult/drama films. I also have a fairly broad knowledge of drama and comedy, particularly British films.

I am a avid horror movie fan who grew watching Evil Dead, Re-Animator, Dawn Of The Dead, Return Of The Living Dead, Demons, Xtro, Night Of The Demons...etc. I have various Charles S. Balun books and other assorted horror guides for reference if needed. As well as horror/cult films, I watch a lot of drama - particularly British films.

Year 12