DJs/Music Production/Song Editing without Music generated by Musical Instruments.
Prashant S Akerkar wrote at 2013-06-28 04:34:37
A Song of 5 minutes duration. In the 5 minute song track there will be only :
a. Sound generated by Singer in that 5 minute song without the sound
generated by musical instrument/s.
b. Sound generated by musical instrument/s in that 5 minute song without the sound
generated by Singer.
c. Sound mixed with both by the Singer and Musical instrument/s in sync.
The 5 minute song duration which was recorded now should only have Singer's
Voice/Sound and not the sound generated by musical instruments. So wherever in the 5 duration only sound generated by Singer should remain, wherever in the 5 duration only sound generated by musical instrument should be eliminated and wherever in the 5 duration sound generated by both musical instrument and singer were mixed with synchronization should be that the sound generated by singer should not be eliminated but sound generated by musical instrument/s should be eliminated.
The difficult part in the sound editing software application could be
editing the Sound mixing of the Singer and the Musical instruments viz guitar, piano, drum beats etc in synchronization of the song.
1. Will Audacity or ProTools ver 11 software suffice the
above requirements ?.
2. Audacity is open source sound editing software application,
can i view the source code for the same ?.
3. A Song english,german,french,italian, hindi,marathi,tamil, gujarathi, Bengali, Punjabi etc will have three versions.
a. Music + Vocals.
b. Vocals only.
c. Music only.
The same song if heard in three different versions will have different sound effects to us. Among these the combination of both music + vocals will give us the most effective among the three ?.
Can Audacity or Pro tools ver 11 software give me three versions of the same song as output disk files created with input as Vocals + Music imported audio file ?.
In that case there will be three versions 1. Vocals + Music 2. Only Music 3. Only Vocals. of the song which the consumers may like to buy such a audio CD/DVD in the Market.
As a example :
A Audio CD/DVD having these six songs sung by Legendary Singers.
1 Michael Jackson - Thriller.
2 Phil Collins - Another Day in Paradise.
3. Stevie Wonder - I Just Called to Say I Love You.
4. Madonna - Like A Prayer.
5. Sir Elton John - Sacrifice.
6. Lionel Richie - Hello.
Now these CD/DVD will have 18 songs (6*3). The consumers may like to buy these type of Audio CD/DVD.
It might be difficult to remove completely the music generated by musical instruments only giving the Vocals in the audio track.
This is primarily because there are many musical instruments viz Guitar, Piano, Drum beats, Violin, Saxophone, Trumpet etc which may be playing with the Human Voice in sync in the particular audio track. i.e. Mixing of Human voice with music generated by musical instruments sound frequencies.
One has to study every musical instrument generating different sound frequencies.
A team of musicians and singers will be required. We know there are some legends who are both singers as well as music directors.
Example: Michael Jackson, Sir Elton John, Lionel Richie, Stevie Wonder etc
Artist A expert in Piano.
Artist B expert in Guitar.
Artist C expert in Drum Beats.
Artist D expert in Trumpet.
Artist E expert in Saxophone.
Artist F expert in Flute.
Some Music Artists may be experts knowing more than one instrument to play for example Drum Beats+Guitar, Guitar+Trumpet+Saxophone, Piano+Guitar+Drum Beats+Trumpet etc.
Sir Elton John singing the song "Sacrifice".http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLFJARmnBvg
I feel the above song has only the piano being played by Sir Elton John.
1. Start with those audio tracks where only one musical instrument is being played. For example Piano. Take the assistance of the Artist who is expert in playing Piano. Try removing the music generated keeping only the vocals in only those audio tracks.
2. Start with those audio tracks where only two musical instruments are being played. For example Guitar, Drum Beats. Take the assistance of the Artist who is expert in playing Guitar, Drum Beats. Try removing the music generated keeping only the vocals in only those audio tracks.
3. Start with those audio tracks where only three musical instruments are being played. For example Guitar, Drum Beats, Trumpet. Take the assistance of the Artist who is expert in playing Guitar, Drum Beats, and Trumpet. Try removing the music generated keeping only the vocals in only those audio tracks.
4. Finally start with those audio tracks where more than one musical instrument is being played in sync with the Human Voice. For example Guitar, Drum Beats with Human Voice in Sync. Take the assistance of the Artist/s who is/are expert who knows those musical instruments. Try removing the music generated keeping only the vocals in only those audio tracks.
The 4th Type of audio tracks will be the most difficult while the 1st Type of Audio Track will be the easiest for keeping the vocals eliminating the music generated by musical instrument/s.
i.e. Starting with easy audio tracks (Having less musical instruments) and then slowly and gradually moving to difficult audio tracks (Having more musical instruments). Identifying and segregating those audio tracks with total number of musical instruments being played in that audio track could be the starting point for this approach.
I feel the above approach can help to some extend.
Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar