DJs/Music Production/Song Editing without Music generated by Musical Instruments.

Question
Dear Steve

Is it possible to edit solo or duet song without Music generated by Musical Instruments but will have only Human Voice ?.

Example :

Bee Gees, Staying alive Song.

Youtube Video
------------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKdVq_vNAAI

Example :

Bee Gees Brothers are singing this song. In the background, music
is being played which was generated by musical instruments viz guitar,drum beats etc. The Music played by musical instruments are in sync with the Bee Gees voice. The complete song is recorded on magnetic, Optical media viz CD, DVD, Tapes etc

Is it possible using sound editing software to edit the song without any music generated by musical instrument but the song will
be only with Human beings voice i.e. Bee Gees Brothers ?.

i.e. It should be like Bee Gees Brothers are singing this song but without any musical instruments.

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Answer
It's only possible if you have either A)a large sound mixing board with many channels like they have in recording studios, or B)expensive software like pro tools I think it's called.  If you are only doing a couple of songs, you may want to rent a studio and have a professional do it for you, either way this project is going to cost a bit of money.

Steve Parker

DJs/Music Production

Steve Parker