Dallas Cowboys/Star Origination

Kirk Curls wrote at 2012-09-15 23:11:09
the star on the Dallas Cowboy Helmet? Dallas Cowboy was known as the Dallas Texans, if you look on the helmet, you will see the state of Texas and a single star. The team was owned by Lamar Hunt, the current owner of the Kansas City Chiefs, Lamar Hunt sold the team to a Giles Miller and the State of Texas was removed and the Stars was left on the Helmet, now known as the Dallas Cowboys.

jdubs wrote at 2012-12-09 21:59:02
You're not even close.  The Dallas Texans played in the AFL from 1960 to 1962 (three years, winning the AFL Championship in 1962) before moving to Kansas City to become the Chiefs.  The Texans were more successful than the Cowboys in the early years, but Lamar Hunt, owner of the team, didn't feel the upstart AFL could win over the city of Dallas and their fans and moved the franchise to KC. The Cowboys also started in 1960 as a National Football League team.  The star on the helmet is believed to represent Texas as a symbol of the Lone Star State.  

Dallas Cowboys

Fred Goodwin