Dallas Cowboys/1979 Cowboys Training Camp

Charles Green wrote at 2013-02-04 21:33:42
The Dallas Cowboys training camp in 1979 was in Thousands Oaks, Ca. Charles Green signed as a free agent running back in 1979 and injuried his left knee in training camp. He was on injuried reserved in 1979/80. Do you have any information to prove his claim.

Betty Boo wrote at 2016-07-17 08:59:08
Charles Green did sign with the Dallas Cowboys as a free agent running back.He played with the University Of Wisconsin as a quarterback from 1975-1978. He was told by Mike Webster a All-Pro center with the Pittsburg Steelers and alumni at University Of Wisconsin, if I played running back my entire career I would have been an All American. I Played running back in several games as a senior and gained 103 yards against Ohio State the number 1 defense against the run. I was told no running back had gain 100 yards against then in 3 years at that time.

Dallas Cowboys

Fred Goodwin

My particular expertise is Dallas Cowboys history from 1960-1988 (the Landry era); I'm also a Cowboys book fanatic (I have almost 300 different Cowboys-related titles), and I also collect Cowboys football cards (but stopped in 93). But I am not an expert in the value of cards or collectibles – so please don't ask.

Before you ask: "So-and-so" almost certainly DID NOT PLAY for the Cowboys -- trust me! Before you ask me, ask the guy for proof!

Finally, I DO NOT ANSWER “PRIVATE” QUESTIONS! My work requires research, so the results must be made public.

I had a Cowboys webpage recognized around the Internet as the authoritative list of Cowboys links, and I have a Cowboys book collection second to none (approx. 300 titles). In addition to my book collection, I have every Cowboys media guide back to 1960, which makes researching questions much easier.

Associate in Accounting, Austin Community College
BS, Physics, University of Texas at Austin
MBA, St. Edward's University