Dallas Cowboys/Romo 50th Anniversary Jersey

Question
Romo 50th Anniversary Jersey
Romo 50th Anniversary  
Hi Duke!
I have a quick question and Fred ment is it about Jersey's then you are the man!

Question is,
did the Cowboys ever wear the Reebok, NAVY/BLUE 50th Anniversary Jersey in 2010?

Someone offered me a "Romo 50th Anniversary Jersey" in Navy/Blue.
1st he said its a game worn Jersey.

I told him, i couldn't remember the Cowboys played in Navy/Blue with this patch on, even not in the HOF and 4 preseason games.

Then the guy said but its definitely an authentic one

But maybe I'm wrong and they wear them also in Navy/Blue with this patch on...

This picture is close to the one the guy wanna sell to me...Would you buy this?
I know the number from Reebok were a bit different from the current Nike now, but did they ever played in this uniform?

Answer
Hello there and greetings from the US,

Thank you so much for the kind words and glad Fred referred you to me as he is a very great (and knowledgeable) person himself.  Sorry for the delay as I had to do a bit of research to your question.  But to answer your question, No, the Dallas Cowboys did not wear their standard navy jerseys in any game for the 2010 season.  They did not wear them for the Pre-season, Regular season, or Playoffs (because they finished the year with a 6-10 record and did not qualify).  So seeing as how they did not wear the navy jersey in any game in 2010, I do not see how it could possibly be game worn.  The only dark jersey they wore that year was the navy Throwbacks on Thanksgiving, but other than that, it was the white jersey the whole year.  I guess that is why it is so special when they do wear their dark jerseys because we rarely see them.  

Now having said that, I know the players are issued several jerseys during the season for various reasons (events, promotions, photo-ops, game programs, etc.), so this could be game-issued but never worn in a game.  I would imagine the equipment managers probably had a bunch of navy jerseys on hand with the 50th anniversary patch ready, but never had to use them because the NFL requires all teams submit what jerseys the team is going to wear for what games all the way before the season starts in July.  In fact, I have seen a game-issued Kevin Olgetree navy jersey with the 50th anniversary patch on Ebay severla months ago but it definitely looked brand new as it had no holes or tears from game use.

Personally, I would be rather skeptical if someone told me it was game used and you know the team actually never wore this in a game.  Not to mention the picture is of a standard stock photograph that most places use on their website.  I'd ask for multiple photos of the actual jersey you're going to purchase.  I hope that helps and good luck if you're still intending on buying it.  take care and thanks for asking!!

Duke
DukeQHa@yahoo.com  

Dallas Cowboys

Duke Ha