Dallas Cowboys/Can anyone help me date Dallas Cowboys vintage pants?

I am trying to piece together a complete Dallas Cowboys game uniform from the 70's and 80's era. currently have two (2) pairs of vintage pants that I'm trying to date (and match with #36). Is there anyone that has knowledge in this particular era of uniforms? I would greatly appreciate any estimated timeline, dates and additional information. I have several pictures if you can provide an email address.
Thank you again,

Hello Michael,

Unfortunately I do not have or very limited in my knowledge of game uniforms when it comes to the Cowboys of the 1970's and 1980's.  There are three names that I must say you can ask and would have a better chance at piecing together your questions.  The first is a gentleman I have purchased some Dallas Cowboys memorabilia from before named Bill, I believe.  He has an Ebay account named DalCowBill and is fact, auctioning off a pair 70's/80's era game pants.  Here is a link:

The next gentleman is a guy by the named of Jim Yackel.  He once (still does?) purchased a bulk of Dallas Cowboys game jerseys and various uniforms and may know what you seek.

The last person is my personal friend and fellow expert Fred Goodwin who knows a lot about the Landry-era Dallas Cowboys.

I think asking one if not all of these gentleman may answer some of your inquiries.  Hope that helps and thanks for asking!!

Dallas Cowboys

Duke Ha

I have extensive knowledge of the 1990's-Present Dallas Cowboys teams. Specifically, team uniforms, equipment, and so forth. I own numerous Cowboys memorabilia and would love to one day write a book on the evolution of the team's uniforms dating back to their inception in 1960. I may not be able to answer most Cowboys questions prior to the 1990's as I was but a youth at the time :-).

I try and make annual trips to see the Dallas Cowboys every season as my parents live about 15 minutes from Cowboys Stadium in the city of Mansfield, Texas. I have a library of various Dallas Cowboy books, football cards, player photos, DVD's and VHS tapes and have also recorded nearly all games from 1998-2007. I am also an artist, so most of my collections such as cards, photos, or memorabilia are not for value, but rather for reference. I appreciate the visual aesthetics of the Dallas Cowboys and the game of football. As a hobby, I occasionally customize and paint McFarlane Dallas Cowboy figures to near exact detail as their live counterparts. I also own several game used items, autographs, and roughly 12-14 authentic jerseys with 3-4 different manufacturers.

Associates of Arts in Liberal Arts, Associates of Arts in Graphic Design, Bachelor of Arts in Studio Arts with emphasis in Illustration. My dream would be, of course, to work for the Dallas Cowboys organization possibly for their marketing and design team. The Dallas Cowboys annual bluebooks and game programs have always interested me.